The three levels of marketing video costs
Professional-grade video was once an expensive proposition. Shooting, editing and production requiring specialised equipment and expertise. Now many more options exist, from low-cost DIY video blogs to polished corporate promotions. Advances in technology have made professional videography more affordable than ever.
The correct answer to the cost question is always… “it depends.” Let’s look at what drives online video cost and how to develop an appropriate budget for your needs.
1. Amateur DIY (free)
You don’t need us. This one is your do-it-yourself approach using basic consumer video equipment.
- Benefits– Fast and inexpensive.
- Risks– The results often look amateurish and can erode credibility if you’re not careful
- Best Uses– Internal training and personal blogs.
- Cost for 1-2 Minute Video– Free, once you have the basic gear (and these days, who doesn’t?)
2. Semi-pro ($1500-$3000)
Our editor using provided or stock footage edited to represent your brand or product.
- Benefits– Better quality and very affordable.
- Risks – Stock footage may not be unique to your video.
- Best Uses– Video blog posts, educational events, internal training, social media
- Cost for 1-2 Minute Video– $1,500 – $3,000
3. Professional (from $3000)
Our solid team using professional tools and an average level of time. May be shot on location, in our studio or a mix.
- Benefits– Predictable quality that conveys brand credibility. No apologies needed.
- Risks– Few, this one will work it your website and social feeds.
- Best Uses– Case studies, profiles, service or process descriptions, recruiting video.
- Cost for 1-2 Minute Video– $3,000 +
You get what you paid for still applies, but what you get can be amazing!
Time, talent, tools
The drivers of video production costs
The more time that is spent in pre-production planning, scripting, location scouting, shooting, special effects and editing the better the final product will be. Adding more people to the production team also increases the total time spent on the project. More time, from more people, equals more money.
The greater the talent of the people working on the project, the better it will be. In online video production, as with most things in life, talented and experienced people tend to cost more.
You can produce a video with your cell phone. Or you can use a high-end camera with a professional lighting kit and sophisticated post-production motion graphics and animation. Sophisticated tools and the top-level professionals who know how to use them add cost.
The greater the talent of people working on the project, the better it will be.
Marketing videos shot on location or at our studios.
Drive Thru 82 have created campaigns for a wide variety of brands and businesses. We offer the ability to adapt to any campaign requirement. Ideas, design, creative, strategy. We are a flexible crew with vast experience. Drive Thru 82 combines the resources and talents of Wide Open Media, Sirius Productions and MorCreative.